Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The First Football Game


The first Varsity football game I played in was my sophomore year, and it was against Euless Trinity the future state champions. I was scared to death because the starter got hurt in the game before so I was brought up to play if the back-up became injured. During the first four plays of the game he became hurt. So when the second series came along I went in to play. I was so scared, I almost didn’t want to go in but since we were at home and all my friends were in the crowd I went in. My confidence was lacking a little bit, because I was facing a man bigger faster stronger and older then I was. I think my mom was scared more then I was. But I played fine I kept one of the best defensive linemen in the area at bay for most of the game. But that was one of the growing up experiences that presented themselves during my high school days.



Since I attended an all male high school sports were a very big activity, and especially football, on Friday night the school became alive with excitement and fun. Since we were playing such a good team everyone in the school came and the stadium was packed. So the excitement from everyone else made me play better and grow up a little bit during the game.


No comments: